Soroptimist means “best for women” and that’s what we strive to be—an organization of women at our best helping other women to be their best in our local community and around the world.
Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore (SIVW) – is a lively Club of women of various ages, professions and backgrounds. This diversity is often the creative ‘juice’ of the very interesting projects we undertake!
We run a number of projects to support women and girls in our community:
- Anney’s Closet – a free store for ladies to shop for all the items they need to set up their home and gain a fresh start.
- Financial Awards – for women to pursue educational opportunities.
- Dream It! Be It! Conference – a one day conference for girls and young women aged 15-24 to gain mentorship and connections from the business and vocational community, attend workshops and break out sessions, gain inspiration.
- Stella’s Suppers – A social evening for seniors in our community that includes a 3-course meal and entertainment. Held twice yearly.
- Kiva Loans – We have a fund of $350 that has provided $4,975 worth of micro-loans to budding female entrepreneurs around the world.
Chartered in May 2010, SIVW is based in Victoria’s fast-growing Westshore community. We welcome guests and members from all regions in Greater Victoria. To read more about our club’s activities, check out our Facebook page.
To view a complete list of happenings at our club, be sure to check out our Events Calendar.
Where We Meet
Our club meets the first and third Wednesdays of the month. We are being vigilant with our Social Distancing so for the foreseeable future, we are using Zoom for our meetings. If you would like to attend one of our meetings virtually, please contact us and we will forward the link for you to join us.
If you would like to hear first hand about our Programs, Projects, the Awards and Anney’s Closet, please contact us or peruse the website.