Step 1: Determine if you are eligible
You are eligible if you:
- Provide the primary financial support for yourself and your dependants. Dependants can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Have financial need.
- Are enrolled in or have been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Are motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Reside in the Greater Victoria area.
- Have not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Do not have a graduate degree.
- Are not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
Step 2: Tell us about yourself
Fill out the award application telling us about yourself. Your information will be kept confidential and shared only with the evaluators unless you give us written permission to use your story to publicize the program.
We STRONGLY recommend you write your answers in a separate document then cut and paste your answers into the online form (see below). That way your original work will not be lost if your session times out.
Step 3: Ask people to tell us about you
You will need two different people—who are not related to you—to fill out reference forms. Please email the link for the reference form to your references and request they submit your references by the November 15 deadline (** Update** For 2016, we have extended our deadline to December 15!). Only two references will be accepted. Please use the form and do not submit reference letters.
Step 4: Submit your application
Applications are accepted between July 1 and November 15.
** Update** For 2016, we have extended our deadline to December 15!
Questions? Contact us!
Ready to Apply? Begin your application now! We wish you the best of luck in achieving your educational and professional goals.