- I was welcomed, comfortable and able to express myself
- It opened me up to a vast majority of opportunities I hadn’t been exposed to
- I’m very inspired to foliow my dreams
- Everybody’s different and everybody’s path is different and life isn’t linear and I always thought it was
- I came with 2 friends and i’m leaving with 8
- It changed my idea about what I can do with my life
- Came in anxious and nervous, leaving content and happy 🙂
- That I am beautiful just the way I am
- I feel much better knowing that I have support from other women
- It was cool talking to successful people that have been through the job world
- If you feel confused about where to go in life, this is a great course
- It is life changing
- I feel enlightened and unstoppable
- Life is a puzzle. We are constantly fitting the pieces together. We are always evolving and discovering new things about ourselves.
These are just a few of the comments young women have after attending the 1-day conference, Imagining Possibilities. They say they understand how their own values connect to careers. They have more tools to overcome obstacles, and feel more prepared and confident in pursuing their own goals.
That’s because Soroptimist International of the Americas has done the homework and brought a great plan of action for girls to be mentored by women in the community. And the women in THIS community responded in spades! Dynamite workshop leaders and facilitators volunteer their time. Over 50 women in all walks of life come to talk to girls about their own dreams and passions, their own obstacles and their own successes.
Any young person who self-identifies as female, age 15 – 24, is welcome to come to Imaginging Possiblities on Thursday, October 26, from 9:00 – 2:30. Go to http://sivw.ca/dibi/ip/ to find out more and to register. It’s FREE! (But we love to accept donations of non-perishable food for our Anney’s Closet Seasonal Hampers). You will meet some terrific people!