The Soroptimist Flavour of Chocolate gala event to be held on May 26, 2018
showcases chefs in a culinary competition and raises awareness for
Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore (SIVW)
The Westshore Soroptimist will host an annual gala fundraiser called the Flavour of Chocolate Chef Competition to be held on Saturday, May 26, 2018. The culinary competition showcases six chefs and their small plate creations, each incorporating an element of chocolate, while raising money and awareness for Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore.
Funds raised benefit women and girls in our community by providing:
- financial educational awards
- an annual career and mentorship conference
- access to a free store stocked with household items for women in transition.
Our fourth annual event draws 250 guests, a mix of corporate, business professionals and philanthropists, who will be made aware of your partnership and donation to our organization, benefiting you with increased exposure and brand recognition.
Click here to view the donation form for silent auction items . Simply fill it out and call the courier when your item is ready for pick up. Thank you in advance for your consideration of our request to help women and girls achieve their full potential.
About Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore
We fulfill our mission to support women and girls by operating several programs:
• Financial Education Awards benfits women who are improving their education. In five years, more than 20 women have received over $10,600 in life-changing financial assistance. Learn more at http://sivw.ca/lyd
• Anney’s Closet benefits women of any age who, due to life’s circumstances, find themselves in transition. The Closet provides personal shopping to obtain household items and furniture, transforming their space into a home. This award winning project serves over 100 women each year. Learn more at http://sivw.ca/ac
• Imagining Possibilities Conference inspires, educates and mentors more than 150 girls (aged 15-24) each year to pursue their dreams and opens the doors to career opportunities through workshops, speakers and a career trade-show. Learn more at http://sivw.ca/dibi/ip
• Stella’s Suppers provide social connections and interaction for seniors who have a limited social network. Held twice per year, more than 70 seniors enjoy the company of new friends, toe-tapping entertainment and a catered meal. Learn more at http://sivw.ca/projects/stellas-suppers/
Please consider donating to our silent auction.
Your partnership ensures we continue to deliver valuable services and funding to support women and girls in our community!
Flavour of Chocolate is managed by the Westshore Soroptimist Society for Women & Families (WSSWF) to benefit Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore. WSSWF is a registered BC Society.