The Soroptimist Flavour of Chocolate gala event to be held on April 6, 2019.
The event showcases chefs in a culinary competition, raising funds and awareness for programs of Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore
Please complete the form and include it with your donation. Call the courier when you are ready for pick up. All donations should be in by March 15, 2019.
Thank you in advance for your consideration of our request to help women and girls achieve their full potential.
Westshore Soroptimist will host an Annual gala fundraiser called the Flavour of Chocolate Chef Competition to be held on Saturday, April 6, 2019. The culinary competition showcases six chefs and their small plate creations, each incorporating an element of chocolate, while raising money and awareness for Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore.
Funds raised benefit women and girls in our community so that:
- 6 women who support their families can further their education to “Live Your Dreams”;
- 125 girls can find mentoring and support to “Imagine Possibilities” for their future;
- 100 women aging out of foster care and transitioning from a shelter can turn their new space into a well-equipped home;
- 60 isolated seniors can connect to each other and community;
- women and children here and internationally will benefit from economic empowerment.
Our fifth annual event draws 176 guests, a mix of corporate, business professionals and philanthropists who will be made aware of your partnership and donation to our organization, benefitting you with increased exposure and brand recognition.
About Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore
We fulfill our mission to support women and girls by operating several programs:
• Financial Education Awards benefits women who are improving their education In six years, more than 25 women have received over $17,600 in life-changing financial assistance. Learn more at www.sivw.ca/lyd
• Anney’s Closet benefits women of any age who, due to life’s circumstances , find themselves in transition. The Closet provides personal shopping to obtain household items and furniture, transforming their space into a home. This award winning project serves over 100 women each year. Learn more at www.sivw.ca/ac
• Imagining Possibilities Conference inspires, educates and mentors more than 150 girls (aged 15-24) each year to pursue their dreams and opens the doors to career opportunities through workshops, speakers and a career trade show. Learn more at www.sivw.ca/dibi/ip
• Stella’s Suppers provide social connections and interaction for seniors who have a limited social network. Held twice per year, more than 70 seniors enjoy the company of new friends, toe-tapping entertainment and a catered meal.