We’re proud to announce that this year 76 young women age 15 – 24 took part in the conference. 52 mentor/ exhibitors took part in the Live Your Dreams Show, and the young women took part in 14 different workshops.
Evaluations were very positive, with one third saying there is nothing to improve, and one third asking for more time, more workshops, more of the Live Your Dreams Show. What did they love?
- The keynote speaker (Karen Fehr), seeing someone who has success, and has struggled, and is comparable to myself was good to see
- My favourite part was that it made me open up to possibilities that I never really considered before
- The speakers were all amazing
- Learning how to deal with stress by grounding myself and breathing
- All the brilliant and sassy women
- How kind people were
What more do the young women want? An overwhelming number ticked “yes” to
- More mentoring opportunities from a Soroptimist or other women
- An opportunity for funding to support education or career training
There are always ways to improve the experience, noted for next year. The venue (CPOs Mess at the Naval Base) was fantastic. The networking evening was super for those who attended, so increasing involvement in that will be a priority.
A big thank you to all of the sponsors who made this event possible!