Ready to begin a new life?
Since 1972, the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards program (formerly the Women’s Opportunity Awards) has disbursed more than $30 million to tens of thousands of women who have overcome poverty, domestic and sexual violence, divorce, the death of a spouse, or there life challenges. There are women – just like you – who had the courage and determination to turn their lives around.
Recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, including books, childcare and transportation. The program begins on the club level. Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore awards are $1,500. Successful club recipients become eligible to receive region level awards, which are granted through Soroptimists’s 28 geographic regions. Currently, each Soroptimist region grants one first-place award for $5,000
Applications for awards are accepted between July 1 and December 1 of each year. Award recipients are notified in late December. Not all applicants will be selected for awards. Applications can only be submitted to one club. Your application will be reviewed by a panel of judges, but all information will remain confidential and will not be shared without your prior permission.
Live Your Dream Awards issued by Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore are $1,500 each. Awards are presented at our gala fundraising event, Flavour of Chocolate held yearly in the Spring. Winners will be invited to attend Flavour of Chocolate and transportation will be provided to the venue. Click here to find out more about our Flavour of Chocolate gala.
Step 1: Determine if you are eligible:
You are eligible if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in the Capital Regional District.
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
Step 2: Follow these steps to apply:
1. Enter your postal code and select where to send your application for local judging
2. Create an account for our application portal
3. Activate your account via a confirmation link sent by email
4. Complete our Eligibility Checklist
5. Enter your contact information and application responses
6. Request two references from people who aren’t related to you (we recommend people you know from an education or work setting)
7. Submit your completed application!
Applications are accepted between July 1 and December 1.
Contact Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore at email@example.com
Ready, Set, Live Your Dream!!