Ready to begin a new life?
Since 1972, the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards program (formerly the Women’s Opportunity Awards) has disbursed more than $30 million to tens of thousands of women who have overcome poverty, domestic and sexual violence, divorce, the death of a spouse, or life challenges. There are women – just like you – who had the courage and determination to turn their lives around.
Recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, including books, childcare and transportation. The program begins on the club level. Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore awards are $1,500. Successful club recipients become eligible to receive region level awards, which are granted through Soroptimists’s 28 geographic regions. Currently, each Soroptimist region grants one first-place award for $5,000
Applications for awards are accepted between August 1st and December 31st of each year. Award recipients are notified mid-February. Not all applicants will be selected for awards. Applications can only be submitted to one club. Your application will be reviewed by a panel of judges, but all information will remain confidential and will not be shared without your prior permission.
Live Your Dream Awards issued by Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore are $1,500 each.
Determine if you are eligible
You are eligible if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in the Capital Regional District.
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
Applications are accepted between August 1st and December 31st
Contact Soroptimist International of Victoria Westshore at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready, Set, Live Your Dream!!